Media Project


 

  I have to say, out of all the projects and assignments we have done for various classes, this has by far been my favorite. It allowed me to put my “OT think” into use and create an intervention that could not only be helpful to a client, but also enjoyable. I also got to have fun, and actually put myself in my client's  shoes while creating this project, which is a principle that OT was founded on.  It gave me the opportunity to really dissect the “client’s profile” and try to pull different ideas from the information that was given. As all tasks, this assignment came with its challenges, however, it also helped me grow in many areas I was not aware of before.
As stated previously, I learned a lot from this assignment.  This activity was a visual representation of the “top down” approach; it truly helped me better understand how to look at the person before looking at the disability. It even taught me how to make the activity “just right” for the client. Before doing this project, I was not really grasping the concept of grading an activity for a person; I did not understand how to really make an activity harder or how to perfect it for a specific client, however this activity helped me. It allowed me to physically take a game and then construct it and put a little “sprinkle” on it until it was the perfect intervention for my client.  I feel like this was my biggest “ah-ha” moment and it truly helped me see how holistic OT really is.
Next, this assignment helped me with my creativity. It allowed me to grow in my originality. Now, before completing this project I knew that OT’s created interventions that usually were in some shape or form considered “fun”, but this activity made me think on a deeper level. It did not allow me to buy a game nor did it allow me to use the material as its “real” function; instead it made me use my given resources and it also enabled me to think outside the box. This aided in not only my creative skills, but also in me doing research to further help a client who is in need. I feel like I am now able to be creative and assist a client even if my resources are limited or scarce.  
This activity was one for the books! I definitely believe that this assignment will help me be a great OT one day! It gave me the opportunity to not only learn, but to also mature in my “OT think”. It taught me how to be more holistic, and it also allowed me to grow in my creativity. Occupational therapy has always been a passion of mine, but this assignment ignited the desire.


Comments

Popular Posts